Colson Hall
Loading...
Date
Authors
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
CG Okelly Library
Abstract
Description
Colson Hall a residence facility for female students, c. 1980. This building was initially the annex of the old Atkins Hall dormitory and built c. 1922. In 1952, it was renamed Colson Hall, in honor of longtime dormitory matron Kate D. Colson. Colson began her service to Slater Industrial Academy and State Normal School prior to 1915 and subsequently served in the capacities of instructor, dean of women, and dormitory director. Colson Hall, which was located next to new Atkins Hall, was demolished in 2002.
Keywords
Forsyth County (N.C.) -- History -- Pictorial works, Forsyth County (N.C.) -- History -- Sources, Digital Forsyth, Winston-Salem (N.C.), Winston-Salem State University